As most of you are aware, on May 12th Ohio allows retail stores to open back up. While there will still be some limitations and some mandates that will need to be followed, May 12th will mark our next step going forward towards a little more “normal” shopping experience. We have had many twists and turns operating the business since March 23rd, and we THANK all our customers for their patience and support as we made the changes necessary to keep the business open and operating.
As was mentioned, for retail stores to open May 12th, Ohio has mandates in place. Eastgate Pools has followed these mandates and has been operating under them since May 1st when we opened our chemical and accessory area and allowed other areas of the store to be open by appointment only. So, May 12th is a date for which we were already well prepared. We are committed to providing everyone—associates and customers—with a convenient, safe environment. Some of the things that you will see when you visit with us are:
- Inside the showroom, at our water test station, you will find X’s on the floor to aid in social distancing. There is also plexiglass in place in front of the water testers. We also have a 2nd water test station. It is located outside under one of our large tents.
- For your ease of shopping and to help maintain proper social distancing, we also have a 2nd chemical and accessory area set up outside under one of the tents and it is stocked with our most popular chemicals and accessories. Please note that the outside water testing area and the second chemical and accessory area will be open as weather permits. During slower customer shopping periods where it is easier to keep social distancing in the main showroom, it may be closed as well. Also note that the outdoor chemical and accessory area will not have parts. For parts please come into the main showroom.
- Anytime the outside chemical and accessory area is open, you will not need to go inside to pay as we will also have a remote checkout register located under the pavilion which is next to the outdoor fireplace and the tents.
- Ohio requires all retail associates to wear a mask or face covering while working. For the safety of our associates, we ask that our customers wear a mask or face covering as well. Please understand that when we wear a mask or face covering, it is to protect YOU. We ask that you value our associates’ well-being, too.
- At the register area in the main store, you will notice that the front counter area has been lengthened in order to help keep everyone spaced safely while they check out. We also have Plexiglas partitions separating customers and associates at the checkout locations. Floors will be marked to keep safe social distancing.
- If areas of the store become too crowded to safely accomplish social distancing, we may need to temporarily hold customers outside the main entrance until we can safely allow them to enter.
- We will take thorough, ongoing steps to keep the store and exterior facilities sanitized.
For those uncomfortable with shopping, in-store or in our new tent chemical and accessory area, we will continue our Parking Lot Pick Up Program. Phone in your chemical and accessory order at 513-528-4141 and pay over the phone with a credit card. We will pull everything and have it ready for you to pick up. Call from the parking lot when you arrive. We will bring the order out to you. When the order is placed, we will ask you what day you would like to pick up the order.
To help maintain social distancing standards, we ask that you limit your party to no more than two people. If you can accomplish your shopping needs by yourself, that is even better as it will reduce crowding and help maintain proper spacing.
Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you, very soon.